The outstanding CAF confederation Cup tie between Rivers United and South African side Bloemfontein Celtic has now been fixed for January 24th in a yet to be named neighboring country.
The tie originally billed for January 6 it will be recalled was put in limbo after Nigerian authorities declined to approve the tie citing the ravaging effecting of returnee Covid-19 second phase.
The new rescheduled tie will however not be tea party for the Garden City side as the CAF has mandated that as host club they will have ensure that Celtic get entry approval to Lome which is the neutral ground approved for the encounter.
“Rivers United FC to take charge of all organizational expenses in the neutral country as the host club and to ensure that the visiting team has the approvals for the entry in the neutral country” said CAF Organizing Committee of Interclubs Competitions and the Management of Club Licensing System in its 5-point submission. The committee’s full submission is as follows;
- The match shall be rescheduled during the weekend 22nd – 24th of January 2021 and shall be played in a neighboring country to Nigeria with more lenient COVID-19 protocols regarding travelers coming from South Africa.
- The Nigeria Football Federation to decide and communicate the venue, date, kick-off time and the approval of the neutral host association by the 12th of January 2021 at the latest.
- The designations of the match officials are maintained.
- Rivers United FC to take charge of all organizational expenses in the neutral country as the host club and to ensure that the visiting team has the approvals for the entry in the neutral country.
- The additional player registration period starts on the 10th January 2021, the two teams shall not be allowed to field any of the players registered during this period for this match.
- Read AlsoConf Cup playoffs: Enyimba to face Bloem Celtic/Rivers United
Both teams are yet to confirm the level of compliance with the directive. The winner of the Lome tie will face Enyimba in the Confederation Cup playoffs billed for February 14.