1. It is regrettable that FCT minister is yet to approve funds for the camping and preparation of FCT athletes for the 19th National Sports Festival (NSF), with barely one month to the commencement of the event.
2. Congress expressed worry that nothing is going on in the FCT in terms of sports development, and athletes are yet to be called to camp despite the fact that FCT is the host city.
3. Something urgent needs to be done to ensure that FCT participates actively in the games.
4. Congress also observed that sports is literally dead in FCT despite having sports officers at the six Area Councils; there is no fund and budget for sports developments
5. Congress urged the FCT administration to do more in developing sports especially with people with disability, as sports is a major incentive to bring in ability in their disability.
6. FCT SWAN rejects the present composition of the FCT LOC for the upcoming NSF, without the inclusion of its members who are automatically the host of the event. Till this moment, the LOC has not held any press briefing on the preparations for the games
7. Congress regrets the condition of sports facilities in FCT which has been abandoned and now occupied by hawks and cult groups.
8. It is on record that no sporting activity has taken place in Abuja since the inception of the present FCT administration, rather some part of the facility has been turned into a business venture, where they rent out space for political activities.
9. Congress calls for the reclaiming and rehabilitation of all abandoned sports centres in the FCT, especially the Old Parade Sports Centre.
10. On the position of FCT following the incorporation of SWAN by its national leadership, Congress resolves to remain an affiliate of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) and not part of SWAN registered elsewhere.