Tyson Fury will fight Deontay Wilder in Las Vegas on July 24, his promoter Bob Arum insists.
The American former heavyweight champion has thrown a spanner in the works of the Gypsy King’s undisputed clash with Anthony Joshua after a judge said his trilogy with Fury must go ahead.
And after insisting Fury, 32, would not pay step-aside money, Arum told Boxing Social: “There’s no chance he [Wilder] will step aside.
“Whatever it is, the judge said he had a right to the rematch and we are going to go ahead with it. It will definitely be in Las Vegas.
“It is what it is. He will take out his frustration and anger on Wilder and he tells me he will knock Wilder out quicker than he did last time.”
Wilder has insisted he doesn’t want step-aside money – but is instead after revenge and ‘Fury’s blood’.
Arum, however, is expecting his man to get the job done again and hopes to reschedule the battle of the Brits for the end of the year.
But he claimed 31-year-old Joshua’s mandatory challenger Oleksandr Usyk, 34, could derail the bout with a shock win if the two clash, as is now expected, in the summer.
Speaking to IFL TV, he added: “I think Joshua has his hands full with Usyk, I give Usyk a hell of a chance to beat Joshua in that fight.
“Hopefully Tyson comes through and we can do the unification fight in December of this year.”
Fury battered Wilder, 35, to his first ever defeat in February last year to become the WBC heavyweight champion.
There was a rematch clause in the deal that Wilder has refused to give up on despite Team Fury claiming it had expired.
Speaking to the Express, Usyk’s promoter Alexander Krassyuk has stated he will sit down with Eddie Hearn to discuss a potential fight now that Fury is engaged elsewhere.