Diego Maradona’s mobile phones will be opened up this Friday so prosecutors probing his death can obtain his last messages.
A judge approved a request to access the soccer icon’s two smartphones earlier this week.
Investigators trying to establish if Diego’s death was a manslaughter caused by medical negligence confirmed today that work on the phone would begin on February 19
The two iPhones seized from the bedroom where he died last November will remain under lock and key at a state prosecutors’ office in San Isidro near Buenos Aires until then.
Sources close to the ongoing criminal probe said investigators would be seeking to discover if Diego had expressed concerns about his health and who he messaged and spoke to in the days before his death from heart failure at a rented home near the Argentinian capital.
Heart surgeon Leopoldo Luque, Diego’s doctor, and his psychiatrist Agustina Cosachov were already under official investigation before the ‘suspect’ list grew to five at the start of the week.
The three additional people placed under formal investigation have been named as Carlos Diaz, a psychologist treating the former Barcelona and Naples star, and nurses Dahiana Madrid and Ricardo Almiron.
Almiron worked the night shift at the former footballer’s rented home the day of his death and said Maradona was sleeping when he left at 6.30am on November 25, around six hours before the alarm was raised.
Female colleague Dahiana Madrid admitted at the start of the prosecution investigation she had lied about an early-morning check-up on Maradona.