Barcelona forward, Ousmane Dembele, arrived late for training on Monday amid rumours that Manchester United are preparing to move for the player.
The 23-year-old, who made just five appearances in LaLiga last season, turned up at Barca’s Ciutat Esportiva training ground at 10.15am according to Spanish publication AS (via the Mirror) – a quarter of an hour after he should have clocked in.
Dembele has a reputation for not always showing up on time, with the player once arriving a full two hours late for training session back in 2018.
The France winger has been linked with a move to Old Trafford in recent months, as a potential back-up option to top target Jadon Sancho.
United have so far been frustrated in their efforts to land the Dortmund man, and Dembele would be a cheaper alternative.
The attacker came on as a substitute in Barcelona’s 4-0 win over Villarreal on the opening day of the new season, but the club are known to be desperate to sell some of their biggest earners.
He has also suffered from a number of injury issues, which could be a warning sign for United.
Speaking on the Transfer Window Podcast, transfer expert Duncan Castles stated his belief that United could swoop for Dembele if they cannot get a deal done for England man Sancho.
“I’m told there has been contact between United and Dembele’s agent,” Castles said.
“In that discussion I’m told Dembele’s agent demanded what was described as ‘Mino Raiola money’ to make that deal happen.
“United are basically looking for a relatively cheap solution and to take advantage of Barcelona’s financial problems in that sense.”
United have still only made one signing this summer, in Donny van de Beek, and are also in the market for a centre-back and a striker.