Floyd Mayweather will come out of retirement for his 51st fight on New Year’s Eve, according to Manny Pacquiao.
The ring legend has not fought since he stopped Conor McGregor in the 10th round last August.
And Mayweather appears to be planning a tune-up ahead of his planned rematch with Pacquiao next year.
The Filipino himself will return to action two weeks later when he faces Adrien Broner.
“Floyd is going to fight on December 31 and I’m going to fight January 12,” he said. “After that, we’ll know [about their rematch]… he’s coming back, we’ll discuss it after Broner.”
Pacquiao and Mayweather announced they would fight again when they met at a rave in Tokyo last month.
Initially the rematch was scheduled to take place in December but is now set to take place on May 5, four years after the first bout.
“If that fight happens, I want Cinco de Mayo (May 5) or July,” added Pacquiao.
Mayweather could return to action in Japan, despite fighting exclusively in Las Vegas towards the end of his career.
Khabib Nurmagomedov, the UFC lightweight champion, wants to fight the boxer – but that is unlikely to happen, despite Mayweather ‘accepting’ the fight.
“Oh, we fighting. He called me out. So, he gotta come to my world,” Mayweather told TMZ .
“I’m my own boss. So, I can’t say what’s going on on Khabib’s end. But, on my end, we can make it happen.
“When I face Khabib I’m getting a nine-figure payday. It’s more than the McGregor fight. Probably $100million more, guaranteed.
“I’m going to say somewhere between $110m and $200m guaranteed.”