Nigeria born Arsenal ace Bukayo Saka ranks among top 20 best under 21 premier league players according to Whoscored.com. The young star earned 7.04 points out of 10.
Phil Foden impressed during Manchester City’s demolition of Premier League champions Liverpool on Sunday, but he isn’t the best young player in the division this season.
The 20-year-old scored two goals and set another up for his side in a 4-1 victory over Jurgen Klopp’s team, taking Guardiola’s team 10 points clear of their rivals with a game in hand.
The performance was the latest of many from Foden in recent times and had some describing him as a £200 million player.
Whilst there’s no doubt how good the England international has been, despite his manager still criticising his ability to play centrally, he hasn’t statistically been the best young player this season.
It hasn’t been a great season for Wolves this year but Neto has certainly been the standout performer for Nuno Espirito Santo’s side.
The 20-year-old has really stepped in for Diogo Jota, who moved to Liverpool in the summer, and has scored four goals this season so far, and layed on four assists for his teammates
There’s a good chance that come the end of the season Foden will be top of the list, but right now he’ll have to make do with second place
Whoscored.com give every player a ranking out of 10 for each game and when it comes to players under 21 who have played at least 300 minutes in the league this season it’s actually Wolves’ Pedro Neto who comes out on top.
- Dara O’Shea – West Bromwich Albion – 6.42
- Kai Havertz – Chelsea – 6.48
- Rayan Ait-Nouri – Wolves- 6.51
- Mason Greenwood – Manchester United – 6.52
- Tyrick Mitchell – Crystal Palace – 6.56
- Curtis Jones – Liverpool – 6.61
- Ferran Torres – Manchester City – 6.63
- Conor Gallagher – West Brom – 6.66
- Pascal Struijk – Leeds United – 6.71
- Callum Hudson-Odoi – Chelsea -6.75
- Jayden Bogle – Sheffield United – 6.79
- Dwight McNeil – Burnley – 6.81
- Ethan Ampadu – Sheffield United – 6.84
- Emile Smith Rowe – Arsenal – 6.84
- Illan Meslier – Leeds United – 6.89
- Bukayo Saka – Arsenal – 7.04
- Reece James – Chelsea – 7.05
- Wesley Fofana – Leicester City – 7.09
- Phil Foden – Manchester City – 7.16
- Pedro Neto – Wolves – 7.20